Open to all. Taking tests at home with remote monitoring from our Confucius Institute.
Exam Date: Saturday 20 May 2023
For HSK1, HSK3 and HSK 5, at 13:30 (entry/login from 12:30).
For HSK2, HSK4 and HSK 6, at 09:00 (entry/login from 08:00).
HSKK Basic at 15:40 (entry/login from 14:40).
HSKK Intermediate at 11:25 (entry/login from 10:25).
HSKK Advanced at 16:30 (entry/login from 15:30).
There are new requirements for candidates taking HSK 3 and above, that a HSKK exam MUST be taken on the same day.
• HSK 3 - HSKK Basic
• HSK 4 - HSKK Intermediate
• HSK 5 or HSK6 – HSKK Advanced
Although HSKKs can be taken on their own.
Please check test requirements before you make a registration.
(1). Must reside in the UK at the time of taking the test (cross countries registration is prohibited).
(2). Access to a computer (Windows 7/10 operating system), with screen resolution set at 1440 x 900 and above. Mac computers CANNOT be used.
(3). Webcam built in or an independent webcam, at minimum pixels 0.3Million.
(4). Headphone (wired connection) is clear and with good noise insulation. Blue tooth must NOT be used.
(5). Internet speed must be > 150KB/s
(6). Be able to take the test at a quiet room with good lighting, no disturbance.
(7). Download Google Meet onto smart phone, which will be used for remote invigilation.
(8). Send a recent (within 6 months) id photo / passport-sized photo to [email protected]
- No hat, scarf, headband or sunglasses are allowed except for special religious reasons.
- Photos are used for log in and face-recognition during the test (keeping shoulder and above in the centre of the webcam). It is test takers’ responsibility if the test failed due to the recognitions.
(9). After confirmation of your registration, look out for a notification email sent by our test centre. Download and install HSKTestClient folder (Home Edition) onto the PC/Laptop that is going to be used for the test at https://test3.chinesetest.cn:36165/client.html
(10). You must try at least once a mock test using the downloaded TestClient and let us know the success.
(11). On the test day, use same PC/Laptop and same TestClient, with Test Password provided to you.
(12). After the test, you can delete the downloaded TestClient folder and clear browsing cookies.
Our Bonus HSK Classes for you
If you have registered a test with us, it is FREE for you to attend our HSK Preparation Classes held on Wednesday evenings at our Test Centre, blended teaching of F2F and Online, during the University semester dates.
To check the availability, please contact us through email: [email protected] or 07593502130
Your Test Admission Card detailing your exam time will be generated at the Test System after the registration deadline passed.
Please look out for an email generated automatically by chinesetest.cn. You are responsible to check your Test Level and your Personal Details and let us know any amendments asap.
We will send a confirmation email to you, regarding where to download HSKTestClient etc.
• If you need to cancel your registration, please contact the Confucius Institute at the University of Sheffield as soon as possible through email [email protected] or 07593502130.
• If you cancel your registration before the registration deadline, you will receive a full refund.
• If you cancel your registration after the registration deadline, no refund will be given.