Membership for Department of Music ensembles is open to students from across the University, subject to an audition. Once membership has been confirmed, members must pay a fee each semester to cover the costs of running ensembles. The membership covers all ensembles (so only one fee needs to be paid even if a student is a member of multiple ensembles). The fee is discounted for music students.
If you are not a music student please pay for your membership here
For this each ensemble (and members in turn) receive:
- A paid conductor for eight two-hour rehearsals
- A rehearsal venue
- One concert opportunity per semester in the University of Sheffield Concerts series
- Access to equipment and percussion instruments
- A budget to support concert performances and projects
- A Concerts Pass offering free entry to all University of Sheffield Concerts events. You will not have to pay for a concerts pass separately.
Please do not purchase this membership alongside a concerts pass as you will receive a pass as part of your ensemble membership.
Please note that these passes are processed manually by a part time member of staff so membership numbers can take 3-5 days to arrive to you.
Due to the large volume of members, you will not automatically receive a physical membership pass, instead you will be sent a membership number via email. If you require a physical pass of have any other enquiries please contact [email protected]