Library External Membership
1. Alumni (Graduates of the University of Sheffield)
2. External Borrower Membership
3. SCONUL Access Membership - Bands A, B and C (SCONUL R: apply as an External Reader - Option 4
4. External Reader
5. Fee Paying External Borrower Membership - 1 Year
6. Fee Paying External Borrower Membership - 3 Months
5. Fee Paying External Borrower Membership - 1 Year – Library External Membership (Fee Paying)
6. Fee Paying External Borrower Membership - 3 Months – Library External Membership (Fee Paying)
Tel: 0114 222 7200
For all categories: Please bring proof of qualification/employment/membership when collecting your library card. We will also need proof of current address and photo id and for SCONUL applications, your home institution library card and SCONUL email. For 16 to 17 year olds, proof of parental/carer consent.
Terms & conditions - As an External Member you undertake to observe the Library Regulations and Code of Practice, including the commitment to return items when due or recalled and to meet any costs or charges arising from the use of the service.
Please note: In the following stages of this booking you will be asked to confirm that you accept the terms and conditions as stated above.
External Borrower Membership – no charge
SCONUL Access Membership – no charge
Please state if you are Band A, B or C
External Reader Membership
Reference only library membership open to SCONUL Access Scheme/SCONUL Vacation Access Scheme (Band R/Reference only) is included in this option.
Available to sixth form school and college students (16-17 year olds need parental consent) and members of the public with a valid study reason.
Fee-Paying External Borrower Membership
Please choose length of membership required
1 year - £50
3 months - £15
If you are renewing, please ensure you tick the box for renewals in the booking process.
Please ensure you tick the correct box for a lost/replacement Ucard in the booking process.